Of course, photography is already art, but it doesn’t have to stop there. With a little imagination and creative vision, ordinary photographs can be transformed into more artistic pieces. Photographers and artists have been doing this for years. Here’s my latest creation in collaboration with my wife who came up with the idea.
1. Here is the one of the original photos from last year in Paris. Kind of a cool shot, but nothing special.
2. In Photoshop CS5, I removed the elements that I liked from the background. I played around with the threshold, cut out, levels, and contrast settings, and then created a pop art style background.
3. I uploaded the final 10″ x 10″ images to Mpix to be printed. They arrived in 2 days and looked great!
4. I cut 3, 10″ x 10″ pieces of 1/2″ plywood and painted the edges black. After masking the painted edges, I mounted the prints to the plywood using spray adhesive.
5. I cut a small notch on the backside for hanging.
Here’s the final product!
To purchase these prints, click here.